Adoption Support Co-ordinator Vacancy : Intercountry Adoption
Adoption Support Co-ordinator Vacancy: Intercountry Adoption
3 days per week
Time Limited One Year Contract to July 18 with possible extension
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an innovative new project at IAC- The Centre for Adoption.
Under the Department for Education Regional Adoption Agencies Programme IAC has been awarded a grant to develop and deliver a national framework for intercountry adoption across England and Wales through the formation of an intercountry adoption regional adoption agency in collaboration with Voluntary Adoption Agencies across England with experience in and interest of intercountry adoption.
As part of the development IAC, as the lead agency, is seeking to appoint an Adoption Support Co-ordinator. This is a key role with the ICA RAA whose aim will be to work closely with the lead agency and with other adoption support providers to scope and develop support services across England and Wales for intercountry adoptive families and children.
The role is part time, 3 days per week, and will be based in Barnet, North London, but with travel around England anticipated. Initially this is a time-limited contract to summer 2018 but with the possibility of an extension. The ideal candidate for the role would:
- Have a minimum of 3 year’s senior practitioner experience within their organisation;
- Have experience of working in the field of adoption support and of intercountry adoption;
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience of developing training programmes;
- Want to work as part of a team in an innovative and creative way;
- Be committed to developing high standards of practice for children and families.
Salary range: £35,000 pro rata
Closing date: Friday 9 June 2017 5.00 p.m.
Interview date: Thursday 15 June 2017
For further information and an informal discussion please contact Jan Way, Development Manager.