Department for Education Consultation: Future of social care inspection
This consultation seeks views on proposed changes across Ofsted's inspections of children's social care.
It has four parts:
- principles for children’s social care inspections
- a new approach to inspections of local authority children’s services from 2018
- a new common inspection framework for social care establishments, agencies, boarding schools and residential special schools from April 2017
- changes to inspections of independent fostering agencies.
This consultation is open from 28 June to 9 September 2016.
Visit the Department for Education website for supporting documentation and information on how to respond.
News from casa
- Adoption Reform Update – September 2017
- Supporting families when young children’s disabilities or health needs become known during or after adoption
- Summer Update from The Future of Adoption in London
- Intercountry Assessment Administrator Vacancy: Intercountry Adoption
- ALB outlines its views on recent trends in adoption