Department for Business, Innovation & Skills – Adoption leave and pay: technical guidance for employers
The Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS) recently published technical guidance for employers on the changes to adoption leave and pay which took effect on 5 April 2015.
This report shows the changes to adoption leave and pay. The major changes are:
- adoption leave becomes a ‘day 1 right’
- statutory adoption pay will be paid at the earnings related rate in the first 6 weeks
- new groups of parents will qualify for adoption leave and pay
- adopters will be entitled to take time off work to attend adoption meetings
View the guidance in full via the GOV.UK website here.
News from casa
- Department for Education press release: Families across England to receive better support to adopt
- Children’s Minister Vicky Ford announces one-year extension to the Adoption Support Fund
- Support from CASA members during COVID-19 pandemic
- Children’s Minister confirms adoption is priority for new government
- DfE press release – More funding to boost adoption support