Department for Education Consultation: Future of social care inspection
This consultation seeks views on proposed changes across Ofsted's inspections of children's social care.
It has four parts:
- principles for children’s social care inspections
- a new approach to inspections of local authority children’s services from 2018
- a new common inspection framework for social care establishments, agencies, boarding schools and residential special schools from April 2017
- changes to inspections of independent fostering agencies.
This consultation is open from 28 June to 9 September 2016.
Visit the Department for Education website for supporting documentation and information on how to respond.
News from casa
- Beacon House vacancy: Business Manager
- Department for Education press release: Families across England to receive better support to adopt
- Children’s Minister Vicky Ford announces one-year extension to the Adoption Support Fund
- Support from CASA members during COVID-19 pandemic
- Children’s Minister confirms adoption is priority for new government